You may have noticed that I didn’t get around to posting and reviewing my weekly goals yesterday as planned. Is anyone else having one of those days (or weeks)?
For last week’s goals, I have to admit I didn’t hit very many of them. As a matter of fact, I didn’t meet any of them. Which brings me to where I am today, and somewhere many of you may have found yourselves at some point. What does it mean when you’re not doing as well as you may have planned? Does it speak to your committment, do your goals need to be re-evaluated, or do you just chalk it up to a bad week?
For me, I decided it was all the above. I spent some time revisiting my 12-month goals with my coach, and found that with all the work I’ve done over the past 6 months, these had changed drastically. Of course, this changes my weekly focus and priorities.
I also had an appointment with my endocrinologist and received some recommendations that, quite honestly, rocked my world…as in go on Medifast and swim for an hour every day. Definitely different from the direction I was heading, and something that I’m not prepared to either jump in to or disregard lightly. It was a wakeup call that I may need to seriously consider drastic actions.
It was also week three of the Fit Bottomed Girls class. My biggest takeaway this week? I’m not alone. Week three (in any program/lifestyle change, whatever you want to call it) is a common week for people to hit a wall.
With all of that said, what are my goals for this week?
1. To relax, kick back, and enjoy my time off and our road trip for Mike’s birthday.
2. To finish revamping my 12-month revolution goals and display front and center in my office.
3. To implement my time management system of a master list, weekly list and daily list, as well as time blocking and google calendar. (I’ll be sharing more on this for sure!)
4. To create a safe, nutritious, realistic meal plan for next week and make time to go grocery shopping for all the needed essentials.
5. To create a safe, healthy, realistic exercise schedule for the week and get in my calendar.
6. To spend time Sunday evening reviewing my weekly goals and the week ahead (already got this one on my calendar)!
7. To start a shopping book/list to help better budget.
8. To get a new header done and up…stay tuned
9. To drink at least 50 0z water daily.
10. To set aside 15 minutes of “me” time everyday to meditate, review goals, read, practice affirmations, nap - whatever floats my boat!